What's the worst that can happen if I try to sell my home myself?
Nothing at all...No “qualified” buyers...No offers...No SALE!
Oh, but there will be a lot of other activity. Your phone will be ringing off the hook with people who are just “checking out the market”. You will be busy weeding out the curious lookers from the serious buyers, wondering what you should ask them on the phone before they waste your time with a visit. You'll be answering the door at all hours to strangers who saw your sign, ignored the “By Appointment Only” request and demand to see your house--right now! Complete strangers in your home--think about it! And of course you'll be busy trying to fulfill all the legal requirements (forms, disclosures, inspections, etc.) that are necessary for selling a home in Georgia, along with numerous other details involved in coordinating the process in a timely manner.
Real Estate transactions involve one of the biggest financial investments most people experience in their lifetime. Transactions today usually exceed $80,000. If you had an $80,000 income tax problem, would you attempt to deal with it without the help of a CPA? If you had an $80,000 legal question would you deal with it without the help of an attorney? Considering the small upside cost and the large downside risk, why would you even consider handling a real estate transaction without the assistance of a real estate professional? Honestly?
Consider what a Real Estate Professional, can do for you:
- Perform a complete marketing analysis to determine a competitive price for your home
- Personalize a marketing strategy for you
- Prepare all documents necessary to place your home on the market with Georgia Metro Listing Service (MLS)
- Exposure through personal/interactive website such as Realtor.com, AtlantaMLS.com, Gamlshomes.com, MSN, Yahoo!, Zillow, Trulia, Google Base and more
- Handle calls from prospects and pre-qualify potential purchasers seeking information on your home *
- Candidly and honestly inform you of feedback gathered from property showings and recommend corrective actions should any be necessary
- Present any and all offers to purchase your home in a timely manner and advise you as to the potential purchaser’s financial qualifications and any other pertinent information.
- Negotiate all offers on your behalf *
- Coordinate document preparation, inspections etc. in a timely manner *
- Coordinate with the purchaser’s lender and the closing attorney to ensure that all necessary certificates, loan payoff information and other paperwork are complete prior to the closing *
- Accompany you to the closing and review all pertinent documents for accuracy*
- AT ALL TIMES, PROTECT YOUR BEST INTEREST
So, if you are a little overwhelmed by all the details of a real estate transaction, do not have the time required or you just aren't comfortable "going it alone".... FOR SALE BY OWNER might NOT be the route for you! However, if you would still like to take the For Sale By Owner route, still have control of the sale of your home, and have a real estate agent assist you along the way.... Conveyance Realty Group has a flat-fee listing plan that may be beneficial to you. Contact us today to find out more information.